Have Questions? Over the last 40 plus years, we will have likely answered it at one point or another. That is why we have compiled our Frequently Asked Questions page.
If after reading you find your question was not answered or it sparked more questions, then don't hesitate to call us at 972.424.6911 or stop by for a chat!
Q: What is a Pawn, & how do pawn shops work?
A: A pawn is basically a collateral loan. We will make a cash loan to you based upon the value of the item you provide.
Pawn shops work by the customer pledging a piece of property as collateral, and in return, pawnbrokers lend them money. When customers pay back the loan, their merchandise is returned to them. Pawn loans are made on everything from jewelry to electronics. If the customer elects not to redeem his or her collateral, there is no credit consequence to the borrower and the items are sold at a value price to retail consumers.
Q: What are some advantages of securing a Pawn Loan?
A: 1.) A pawn is fast, easy, & very convenient. Just bring your item you wish to pledge as collateral, & in a matter of a few minutes you will be walking away with your cash.
2.) No Credit Check is required. Your loan is based on the value of your collateral not your past credit history! We say YES even when banks say NO.
3.) You have up to 2 Months before you have to pay anything! Our loans are written up as 30 day loans with an additional 30 day grace period. This gives you 60 days before you have to pay a dime!
4.) Easy monthly extensions & renewals are available to pay up interest or to give you some additional time. After your 60th day, as long as you make a minimum monthly payment, you can extend your loan out as long as you need!
Q: What can I Pawn?
A: Plano Pawn Shop specializes in fine jewelry & firearms.
- Art: originals & extremely limited prints with authenticity or provence papers from the following artists: Picasso, Dali, Matisse, Chagall, Roy Lichtenstein, Leroy Neiman, Andy Warhol, etc.
- Certified Diamonds: Certified Loose Diamonds from GIA & EGL.
- Jewelry & Designer Jewelry: Gold, Platinum & Diamond jewelry & Designer Jewelry from: Asprey, Bulgari, Cartier, David Yurman, David Webb, Harry Winston, Tiffany & CO, etc.
- Fine Swiss Timepieces: Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Breitling, Omega, Panerai, Corum, Franck Muller, Roger Smith, Cartier, Chopard, Bell & Ross, Hublot, etc.
- Fine Firearms: Benelli, Beretta, Blazer, Browning, Colt, Fox, Glock, Heckler & Koch, Holland and Holland, Kriegoff, LC Smith, Perazzi, Rizzini, Ruger, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Winchester, etc.
- Graded Coins & Paper Currency: PCGS & NGC Certified & Slabbed Coins & Paper Currency
- Musical Instruments: Bach, Fender, Gibson, Gretsch, Martin, Taylor, Yamaha, etc.
- Sports & Entertainment Awards: Super Bowl Rings, World Series Rings, NBA Championship Rings, NCAA Championship Rings, World Series of Poker Bracelets, Olympic Medals, Grammy Awards, Academy Awards, etc.
- Electronics: We accept working electronics with original accessories 2 years old & newer.
- Tools: Gently used hand tools and power tools.
We do NOT accept the following items:
- Car Audio
- Home Appliances / Home Furnishings
Q: What are your requirements to make a Pawn Loan?
- You must be at least 18 years of age (21 years old for a handgun, pistol grip long gun, or any online loan).
- You must have a state issued ID, Drivers License, or U.S. Passport
Q: Who uses your services?
A: Pawn customers come from all walks of life, all tax brackets, & all ethnicities. Anyone who needs cash quickly, & easily are potential pawn customers.
Q: How do I receive my money for a pawn loan?
A: We pay you CASH.
Q: What will the monthly interest rate be on my online pawn loan?
A: The interest rates are set by the State of Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner. The rates are between 1%-20%. See the chart HERE.
Q: What is the most I can borrow with an online pawn loan?
A: The maximum loan for a single item is $17,000.00.
Q: Can I have more than one loan at a time?
A: Yes. You can have as many active loans as you want or need.
Q: How long do I have to pay off my loan?
A: Our loans are 30 days, with a 30 day grace period giving you a total of 60 days before a payment is mandatory. If you wait until the 60th day to make a payment, you will be required to make at least one 30 day payment. This will extend your loan an additional 30 days from the date the loan originated.
Q: How long can I extend my loan?
A: As long as you make the minimum monthly payment, you can continue to extend your loan as long as you need. You call us at anytime to request a payoff amount for a specific date.
Q: How do I pay off my pawn loan?
A: Interest and redemption payments must be made in cash, cashiers check or money order. On loan payments and redemption payments the use of credit cards, debit cards and personal checks are NOT accepted.
To get a free, no-obligation quote, simply take some detailed photos, and fill out the form. We will get back to you just as soon as possible. Click here to get started.