Save Money at the State Fair of Texas
Howwwdy Folks! It’s that time of year again, the smell of corndogs and fried food is in the air. It must be the State Fair of Texas! With a little planning, you can go enjoy the fair without blowing your whole paycheck. Here are a few ways to save money at the State Fair of Texas.
Save Money on Parking
Avoid driving to the fair and save time and money! Trying to find and paying for parking at the fair is always a beating. You can avoid these headaches by utilizing the D.A.R.T.
The D.A.R.T day pass will run you $3 a person. The savings don’t stop there if you buy your tickets through the D.A.R.T GoPass App, you can save $2 per ticket!
Half Price Tickets
The biggest savings can be had any day of the week, but there is a catch. The half-price ticket is only valid after 5 pm with an empty Dr. Pepper can.
Personally, I prefer the after 5 pm entry for a number of reasons.
- Cooler weather – September is still HOT during the day. After 5 pm the weather cools off
- Corn Dogs & Funnel Cake – Fried dinner!
- The Lights on the Midway – The evening lights are just amazing!
Save BIG with a Season Pass
If you go to the fair 3 times or more in a season, then the absolute best value is a season pass. You can purchase a single season pass, 2 pack or even family! There are also a number of freebies and additional discounts depending on which package you decide to go with.
Compare packages HERE.
Certain Days Certain Savings
Pull out your calendar and save some money. The State Fair of Texas offers discounts nearly every day of the week.
- Monday – 50% off admission after 5 pm with a Dr. Pepper can
- Tuesday – $9 entry with a Dr. Pepper can
- Wednesday – $4 entry with a donation of 4 canned goods to the North Texas Food Bank
- Thursday – $9 entry with any Coca-Cola 20 ounce drink
- Friday – $5 off admission with a coupon downloaded from KISS FM’s website.
- Saturday – 50% off admission after 5 pm with a Dr. Pepper can
- Sunday – 50% off admission after 5 pm with a Dr. Pepper can
Stay Away from the Midway
One of the hardest things to do, especially if you have kids, is to stay away from the midway. The midway is so fun, but it can also be extremely expensive. Follow these 3 tips to avoid overspending on the midway.
- Save the Midway until the end – Exhaust all other activities before venturing to the Midway.
- Set a Budget – Only allow for a predetermined amount of tickets to be spent. Don’t be tempted to spend more than your predetermined allowance for the midway.
- Set a Timer – Along with a budget, set a time limit. Allow yourself 30 minutes, 45 minutes an hour, whatever; just stick to it and get out when your time is up.
Big Tex and Big Savings
Follow these tips and take advantage of the discounts offered by the sponsors of the State Fair of Texas. Have fun and enjoy the sights, sounds, and SMELLS of the State Fair of Texas!